Huawei is a global leader of ICT solutions. Continuously innovating based on customer needs, we are committed to enhancing customer experiences and creating maximum value for telecom carriers, enterprises, and consumers. Our telecom network equipment, IT products and solutions, and smart devices are used in 170 countries and regions. Huawei is ranked 129th on the Global Fortune 500 in 2016 based on its 2015 revenue.
We invest over 10% of our annual sales revenue into R&D and more than 45% of our 180,000 employees engage in R&D. We have built 16 R&D centers worldwide and 31 joint innovation centers with customers.
Now Huawei has a long term plan to build up partnerships in Czech Republic for technology cooperation. The R&D team will explor and expand our opportunity of technology cooperation with potential academic partners such as universities, research institutes working with teams to develop proposals for research projects and report to Huawei’s European Research institute(ERI) and Huawei’s HQ.
- Be responsible for communicating with our potential cooperation partners and contribute to our technology strategy, our long-term goals and address partner pain points, concerns, and objectives.
- Be responsible for establishing our network with technical partnerships, especially Czech Republic and Slovakia etc., exploring and expanding our opportunity of technology cooperation with potential academic partners such as universities and research institutes and working with teams to develop proposals for research projects.
- Keep pace with the cutting edge ICT technologies’ status and trends of leading universities, research institutes and companies, provide the right partner per the request of ERI/HQ.
- Sourcing and providing proper cooperation partners for certain cooperation projects of ERI and HQ.
- Recommending potential valuable partners to ERI and HQ.
- Build the extensive and long term relationship with the leading universities, research institutes and companies.
- Identify key initiatives for direction and potential cooperation projects.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Master or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Telecom Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the industry with both big companies and start ups.
- Experience in research cooperations and negotiating them.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the company and represent the company professionally towards external partners.
- Extensive and profound knowledge and understanding of the details of the cutting edge ICT technologies.
- Broad network and connections with academics and industry (including universities, research institutes, VCs, startups and companies).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit and independent working capability.
- Fluent in the local language, English (written and spoken); Chinese (Mandarin) will be considered as a plus.
- The willingness and ability to travel are required.
ICT technologies, business development, cooperation with universities